Monday, June 23, 2008

Q&A with Jason McAlpin via UMTERPS

The University of Maryland's atheltic website, www.umterps.com recently had a question & answer session with former Terp swingman Jason McAlpin.

umterps.com: What are have you been doing since graduation?
Jason McAlpin: I am interning at Under Armour and working in their footwear division. It's going really well, this department is really growing so it's a good situation for me. I met Kevin Plank and Ryan Drew during the season. We stayed in touch and they brought me on to their rookie program.

umterps.com: You majored in marketing at Maryland, so how much are you able to apply from the classroom to the internship?
JM: A lot, really. A lot of what you learn in school is high-level marketing that you may not get a chance to utilize until you have your own company. I'm able to take a lot of the marketing principles and use them. I will be reaching out to some athletes to get their feedback on how performance is important to them, and what they associate with the Under Armour brand, and that's something I picked up in school.

To read the rest of this interview go to ... http://umterps.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/062008aaa.html

No comments: